LIMITED WARRANTY - TERMS & CONDITIONS
Limited Warranty Offered By JDM Ohio Direct Inc:
Limited Warranty applies to all Used JDM Engines sold by JDM Ohio Direct. ALL JDM Engines come with a 100% Start-Up warranty only, and are Sold AS IS. Engines come with all sensors intact, unless stated, or communicated to customer. Start-Up Warranty is only valid if Engine is installed within 30 days of delivery.
The following parts must be replaced with new for 100% Start-Up Warranty to be valid:
1. Engine Oil – Fill to Manufacturer’s Required Level
2. Engine Oil Filter
3. Valve Cover and Oil Pan Gaskets
5. Water Pump
6. Spark Plugs
7. Spark Plug Wires
9. Timing Belt – Inspect and Replace if Needed
10. Tension Pulley
Engines must be installed by a certified professional mechanic at a commercial shop (Proper paperwork will be required for installation and replacement parts to qualify for Start-Up warranty). JDM Ohio Direct will not be responsible for loss due to improper installation of engine.
All engines are compression tested prior to shipment to insure proper functionality.
Limited Warranty Does Cover:
All internal engine parts including: pistons, piston rings, piston pins, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and rod bearings, camshaft and camshaft bearings, timing gears, intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, seals, guides, oil pump, push rods, rocker arms, shafts, and head gasket(30 days). The engine block, cylinder walls and cylinder head are also warranted to be free of cracks or distortion.
JDM Ohio Direct reserves the right to repair with serviceable used parts, or exchange the engine at its own discretion and determination.
Limited Warranty Does Not Cover:
All external parts attached to the engine (intake and exhaust manifolds, distributor, starter, flywheel, clutch, clutch pressure plate, water pump, thermostat, belts, hoses, oil pan, sensors, electronic parts, wires, ECU, injectors, drive axles, engine mounts, etc.) are not covered under warranty.
1. The cost of labor required to remove and install a repaired or exchanged engine to the vehicle.
2. Any damage caused by abuse, neglect, accident or natural neglect.
3. Towing charges and/or freight or delivery charges.
4. Loss caused by overheating. The warranty does not cover oil leaks, blown head gasket or any other engine damage due to overheating caused by poor water circulation, clogged radiator, stuck thermostat or a faulty water pump, etc.
5. Loss caused by any modification or use of the engine for which it was not originally designed (ex: adding a turbo, supercharger, nitrous system or aftermarket tuned ECU).
6. The engine if it is used for competitive driving or racing.
7. Loss caused by defective timing belt. A brand new timing belt should be installed.
8. Loss caused by modification or forced induction (NOS, Turbos, Supercharged) for which the engine was not designed for from the factory.
We Cannot Accept an Engine in Return if Disassembled or Separated.
Our transmissions are imported from Japan, and sensors may vary slightly from standard US models. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to determine if intended transmission is correct for their application, and should consult with their professionally certified mechanic if unsure. Our transmissions are sold with all sensors, and starter, unless noted in the listing. Transmissions are sold as is, No warranty, but are inspected in Japan, and our facility here for quality assurance before shipment.
Warranty Claim Procedure:
In the unlikely event of a defective Engine/Block, the following steps will be required:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All body parts, interior parts, wheels, electronics, and suspensions are Not under warranty. These parts are always sold “as is.” No Returns or Exchanges will be accepted.
a. All Sales are Final, No Refunds or Exchanges.
b. Deposits are Non-Refundable and Non-Transferable. .
c. Orders Can Be Cancelled if They Have Not Been Shipped
d. A $35.00 Fee Will Apply to Cancelled Orders Paid By Check.
e. All Refused/Returned Orders Will Be Charged 25% of The Invoice Amount For Restocking Fees Plus All Freight Charges to Return The Item to Our Warehouse, No Exceptions.
f. All Ohio residents and customers picking up are subject to 7.25% Ohio sales tax.
In the event an order needs to be cancelled, please email or call us immediately. If the order has not been shipped, it can be cancelled without any additional costs. If the order has shipped, the buyer is responsible for shipping charges each way (delivery and return), along with a 25% restocking fee of total invoice. JDM Ohio Direct is not responsible for incorrect items ordered by buyer. If JDM Ohio Direct ships an incorrect item (different than what was ordered), we will pay return and redelivery shipping costs.
JDM OHIO DIRECT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR MODIFY THIS WARRANTY & TERMS AT ANY TIME.